Proteins are very effective if you’re looking to build your muscles and it is one of the foundation of simple foods. Examples of such foods include:
1. Egg Whites. Every body builder include egg-whites in there diet because of the high content of protein.
2. Chicken/Turkey. This is a source of high quality protein, also low in saturated and trans fats.
3. Fish. The fish is also a good source of protein.
4. Beans/Legumes. If you are serious about building muscle, you can’t ignore the power of beans and legumes because it contains high amount of protein.
5. Red Meat. Red meats have a high calorie per serving ratio, making it an excellent choice for hard gainers looking to pack on some serious size.
However, because red meats do possess a higher level of saturated fats, they should not be consumed on an everyday basis.
6. Water. 70 percent of your body is made up of water. Your muscles, tissue cells and ligaments all contain water. And most importantly, your life force—blood—is made up substantially of water.