Coconut Flour Pancake is a delicious pancake made from the healthy, gluten-free, grain-free coconut flour. These pancakes are great for weightloss. And with a little bit of adjustment, it is keto friendly too.
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs (only the egg whites)
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk (Peak Milk)
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- Salt (to your taste)
- Habanero pepper (to taste and optional)
- Onions (to taste and optional)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
Notes about the ingredients:
- Use tasteless and odourless vegetable oil for frying eg sunflower oil or the vegetable oil sold in Nigeria.
- Habanero pepper is atarodo, ose oyibo or atarugu.
- Icing sugar works better than ordinary sugar in coconut flour pancakes.
Before you make the coconut flour pancake
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Cut the onion and habanero pepper into pieces.
- Add the virgin coconut oil into a bowl.
- Add the icing sugar and the egg whites. Use a handmixer or an egg whisk to beat the ingredients till the egg whites foam.
- Add the coconut flour, salt and the peak milk. Mix with the handmixer till everything is well combined.
- Add the onions and habanero pepper and mix with a spatula.
- Set a frying pan over low heat. Add a few drops of vegetable oil, just enough to lubricate the frying pan.
- When moderately hot, pour some coconut flour pancake batter into the frying pan and patiently wait for it to cake.
- When the underside is light brown, gently flip the pancake to fry the other side too.
- The coconut flour pancake is done when both sides are light brown.
Credits: All Nigerian Recipes